Monday, March 31, 2008

Now, on to something completely different...

So, now that I own an old Alfa, I've become an Alfa snob. It tends to happens to owners who drink from the AR cool-aid bucket, and God knows I take a few swigs every day. And so, I'll post a few Alfa-related tidbits in between my car work posts.

Here is one of the new Alfas that may be coming to the US in the next few years - the Mi.to:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/14/alfa-romeo-releases-the-new-mi-to/

This one may be sold starting in 2010. It's supposed to compete against the Mini pricewise and segment-wise. I'll have to wait and see, but I like its looks (although I don't like the name at all.)

In the interim Fiat will probably import the current Alfa 159, and the Alfa Brera.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/04/alfa-romeo-returning-to-the-u-s/

The 159 is a bigger Sedan, while the Brera is a mid-size hatchback. They are both higher-end cars (BMW/Audi range).

All of these cars are built on platforms shared with other Fiat models. In essence, Fiat (which owns AR) and Alfas are pretty much the same cars nowadays.

I am hopeful they Fiat/AR will be successful in their return to the US. I might have to get a bigger garage...

No comments:

Post a Comment