Friday, November 9, 2007

Repairs and updates begin - master brake cylinder

So, the first thing I did when I purchased the car a few weeks ago was drive it straight to the local Alfa shop, Group 2 Motorsports. They are up in the Magnolia district of Seattle. They are very knowledgeable, and very friendly. It is truly a joy to stop by there and chat with the shop's owner, Joe, and the rest of the gang (Keith, Chris, et. al.)

I figured I'd show up, show off the car, and make an appointment to have the car inspected. However, within five minutes, Keith was test driving the car, placing it on a lift, and looking all over. Within half an hour he pointed out things to fix on the car.



The first thing was the brake master cylinder. The thing was leaking, and so the brakes felt mushy and not very strong. They were OK to drive home, but Keith recommended not to drive the car much until the thing was fixed.



So, I made an appointment, and the following week, I replaced the old master cylinder with a new set. The brakes don't leak anymore, and the car stops. One thing down, a few hundred little things to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment